Thursday, July 25, 2013

When in Blank do what the Fill in the Blanks do


Leviticus 18: The Lord spoke to Moses. He said, 2 “Speak to the people of Israel. Tell them, ‘I am the Lord your God. 3 You must not do what the people of Egypt do. You used to live there. And you must not do what the people of Canaan do. I am bringing you into their land. Do not follow their practices.

============

“Grab a sheet” said the people on my floor. A frat was having a toga party. I had no idea what type of party this was going to be so I watched everyone get dressed like Caesar and tromp to the party. As the alcohol poured the people got wilder and wilder. “I wonder if I should stay” crossed my mind.

  • The crowd will always want to be wild.
  • The crowd will always want to justify its actions.
  • The crowd will always want more instead of holding back.


Many times I followed the crowd and it seem to always end up in the same place, regret. You would think I would have learned from the first time but the crowd sounds so fun and so convincing. What am I to do?

  • GOD says I brought you out of the crowd for MY purpose.
  • GOD says I took you out of situations so you could follow ME.
  • GOD says I rescued you from MY wrath and focused it on those who choose to turn away from ME.


GOD says “Follow ME” and he means it in a loving way.  I have a choice to follow HIM or not. HE forgives me for my sins but loves when I choose to leave the sin alone.

  • Are you following the wrong crowd?
  • Do you think the crowd you are in is righteous?
  • Can you ask GOD where HE wants you to be?
  • Won’t you check your own motives to see if they align with GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment