Thursday, July 25, 2013

When in Blank do what the Fill in the Blanks do


Leviticus 18: The Lord spoke to Moses. He said, “Speak to the people of Israel. Tell them, ‘I am the Lord your God. You must not do what the people of Egypt do. You used to live there. And you must not do what the people of Canaan do. I am bringing you into their land. Do not follow their practices.

============

“Grab a sheet” said the people on my floor. A frat was having a toga party. I had no idea what type of party this was going to be so I watched everyone get dressed like Caesar and tromp to the party. As the alcohol poured the people got wilder and wilder. “I wonder if I should stay” crossed my mind.

  • The crowd will always want to be wild.
  • The crowd will always want to justify its actions.
  • The crowd will always want more instead of holding back.


Many times I followed the crowd and it seem to always end up in the same place, regret. You would think I would have learned from the first time but the crowd sounds so fun and so convincing. What am I to do?

  • GOD says I brought you out of the crowd for MY purpose.
  • GOD says I took you out of situations so you could follow ME.
  • GOD says I rescued you from MY wrath and focused it on those who choose to turn away from ME.


GOD says “Follow ME” and he means it in a loving way.  I have a choice to follow HIM or not. HE forgives me for my sins but loves when I choose to leave the sin alone.

  • Are you following the wrong crowd?
  • Do you think the crowd you are in is righteous?
  • Can you ask GOD where HE wants you to be?
  • Won’t you check your own motives to see if they align with GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment