Monday, July 1, 2013

Where do good things come from?

Leviticus 1:“‘He must take it to the priests who are in Aaron’s family line. A priest must take a handful of the fine flour and oil. He must mix it with all of the incense. Then he must burn that part on the altar. It will be a reminder that all good things come from the Lord. It is an offering that is made with fire. It gives a smell that is pleasant to the Lord.

============

Tears flowed from my eyes as my coworkers and family gathered together to celebrate my award. “I” had worked hard and “I” stayed up many nights making sure “my” project was complete and right. I was invited to a dinner with the CEO and many of the top executives.  “I” did it!

  • Sometimes I forget to thank GOD for my abilities and talents.
  • Sometimes I forget that GOD is the one who raises me up.
  • Sometimes I forget that GOD has the right to tear me down.
  • Sometimes I forget that it’s not about me but it’s about GOD.


GOD wants me to remember that all good things come from HIM, even trials. Yes, trials are good because they can strengthen me where I am weak. I must recognize GOD as being the ultimate giver and forgiver. HE put rules in place to remember HIM because mankind would easily forget who and what HE is.

  • GOD wants me to remember that all good things come from HIM.
  • GOD wants me to remember that I need a savior as often as I can.
  • GOD wants me to remember to sprinkle a little “salt” on the world as a reminder of HIS everlasting covenant.


It’s easy for me to think I accomplished all that I have accomplished. BUT GOD wants me to recognize that everything I do has to go through HIS will. I can do nothing without GOD.

  • Do you think you accomplish things on your own?
  • Do you believe you lack talents because GOD forgot to give them to you?
  • Can you recognize that GOD made you perfect?
  • Won’t you stop thinking the situation you are in is bad and see GOD has a perfect plan for where you are?


No comments:

Post a Comment