“I think I can make it!” I said to myself as I sprinted through the busiest airport. Fortunately my plane was at a close gate this time. As I arrived at the gate, to my dismay the plane was pulling away and so went my dreams of having this wonderful conversation with the partner of the firm.
“GOD, why did YOU put all this traffic in my way?” I mean I left in plenty of time, or so I thought. Now I have to catch another plane, arrive late and instead of being on the partners’ good side, I would have to explain my shame away!
- In moments of stress I quickly fall into a panic.
- In moments of duress I easily fall blind to what’s wrong.
- In moments of pressure I hastily fall into short term planning without thinking.
My panic comes from an unsatisfied expectation of GOD. I mean when I really want something I can’t have then panic sets in because I haven’t thought of another path. I only thought about getting or achieving “that” thing. When I panic I lose trust in GOD.
- GOD says “stand still and watch the great thing the LORD is about to do right here in front of you!”
- GOD says “I decided to show you my power”
- GOD says “This day is your deliverance.”
During stressful times, GOD wants me to quiet down for a moment and communicate with HIM. HE wants me to understand HIS might and power in the situation. When I allow GOD to take on the fight my trust increases.
Looking back on the many disappointments I’ve had in life, I have realized it was great that I didn’t get what I wanted because GOD gave me what I needed!
- Is your faith slipping?
- Did you want something so bad only to find it crumbling away from you?
- Are you willing to let GOD take things away from you?
- Can you let HIM guide you onto HIS path instead of trying to do things on your own?