Thursday, September 26, 2013

GOD hasn’t changed HIS mind

Deuteronomy 1:“I have given you all of that land. Go in and take it as your own. I took an oath. I promised I would give the land to your fathers. I promised it to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I also said I would give it to their children after them.”

============

Crisp air takes my mind back to my first career type job I had. For the first time in most of my life I did not have to return to school. I was working every day! I prayed for the first time in a long time. “LORD please make me successful.” There were no expectations, no definitions, and no exceptions to my prayer.

I felt a sense of peace after that prayer, almost like “It’s already done.” Little did I know, GOD had an incredible journey that would take years to unfold. There were many turbulent times that I felt like giving up. HE made me wildly “successful” from a human perspective. That sense of peace actually told me HE would do it and HE did.

  • Sometimes I can’t see the end of the road because I’m too busy looking at the problems.
  • Sometimes I can’t see progress in my journey because I’m too busy looking backwards.
  • Sometimes I can’t see grace because I’m too busy looking at judgment of others.


GOD said HIS people would receive the land and they did. GOD said humans would have a difficult time on this planet and they are. GOD never makes a statement and then change HIS mind or change the rules. HE lives by HIS decree and once it is spoken it cannot be retracted.

  • GOD said to me “I loved you before you were made.”
  • GOD said to me “I made you in MY image and you are beautifully and wonderfully made.”
  • GOD said to me “I will be with you always.”


When HE sealed my eternal relationship with the HOLY SPIRIT, HE enabled me to always have a way back to HIM when I sin. HE guides me on the correct path and HE delivers on ALL of HIS promises. My expectations are sinful and somehow HE corrects me and delivers me to the right place. HE makes me “successful” in HIS eyes and that’s all that matters!
  
  • Are you waiting on GOD’s blessing with a certain expectation of what “success” looks like?
  • Do you set goals for GOD that HE will never meet?
  • Won’t you tear down your expectations of GOD and praise HIM for the blessings HE is giving you?
  • Can you accept HIS promises HE is giving you and recognize HIS daily grace?


No comments:

Post a Comment