Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Act like I mean it


Numbers 33: 55 “‘But suppose you do not drive out the people who are living in the land. Then those you allow to remain there will become like needles in your eyes. They will become like thorns in your sides. They will give you trouble in the land where you will live. 56 Then I will do to you what I plan to do to them.’”

============

“Serves him right” was my thought as the news about another boss being release from “our” company.  “He was a jerk anyway” came across my mind. My compassion was extremely low for those who mistreated people.

Years later they were asking me to leave. I just knew it was a joke so I reached out my hand to those I had supported so they could rally around me. I could not find compassion.

  • Some of the things I do may pop up later.
  • Some of the ways I act will appear later.
  • Some of the actions I take will grow into a crop later.


“You will reap what you sow” is what the LORD tells me. If I sow complaints about people, then complaints will be made about me. If I look at everyone else’s heart and not look at my own then the measure of judgment I hold on them will be held on me.

One day I will stand in front of GOD and account for my sins. GOD wants me to keep reducing the number of sins I commit so they won’t be “thorns in my sides.” HE knows sin will give me nothing but trouble so HE provided a plan.

  • JESUS died for my sins and took away my eternal consequences for them.
  • JESUS knew how disruptive sin is in my life so HE sent the COMFORTER to live inside me.
  • JESUS forgave me for my sins before HE created me.


“It is finished” are the words JESUS uttered as HE died for me. HIS resurrection from this murder is the final statement to mankind showing HIS power over life and death. Now it’s up to me. I can treat this overwhelming act of love as common or I can truly appreciate its power.

  • Are you trying to justify your sin by talking about someone else?
  • Do you think GOD is pleased with you when you talk about “that” person?
  • Can you plant a crop of encouragement, kindness, faithfulness and trust?
  • Won’t you seek GOD’s kingdom instead of seeking justification for your actions?


No comments:

Post a Comment