Thursday, September 12, 2013

GOD does what HE says


Numbers 26: 65 The Lord had told the people of Israel at Kadesh Barnea that they would certainly die in the desert. Not one of them was left alive except Caleb, the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua, the son of Nun.

============

“If you don’t write an excellent final, I’m going to give you a failing grade” my professor told me. In disbelief I went back and studied.  It was past the deadline to drop the class and I was determined to prove him wrong. I began studying, asking questions and preparing. 

On the day of the final I prayed. It had been a while.  A week after the final I was in my professors office begging him to at least give me a “D.” I had failed my first class in my life! He did what he said. I wish I had studied along the way.

  • Many times I ignore what GOD wants me to do.
  • Many times I ignore GOD’s rules and do what I want to do.
  • Many times I ignore the situations GOD places in front of me because of pride rather than faith.



“GOD loves” I tell myself. HE would never harm me or punish me is my foolish thought. BUT GOD loves me in a much greater way. 

  • GOD loves me so much that HE doesn’t want sin to separate me from HIM.
  • GOD loves me so much that HE doesn’t want my pride to get in the way of listening to HIM.
  • GOD loves me so much that HE wrote HIS laws on my heart so that I would inherently follow them.


Many times my fear gets in the way of hearing GOD. I may run after money or chase things I’m not supposed to have. HE then allows the consequences of my sin to overwhelm me to open my eyes and cry to HIM as being the only answer. HE doesn’t “manipulate” like humans do. HE simply knows what holes I will fall in and allows me to do it.

GOD loves me enough to let me make mistakes, BUT HE loves me more to not let my mistakes get in the way of eternal life.

  • Is GOD tearing down your world?
  • Do you feel HE is surgically removing things from you?
  • Can you let HIM remove things out of your life and allow HIM to change you for HIS good?
  • Won’t you let HIM discipline you so you can do “great” instead of “good?”


No comments:

Post a Comment