Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Going through the fire!


Numbers 31 21 Then the priest Eleazar spoke to the soldiers who had gone into battle. He said, “Here is what the law the Lord gave Moses requires. 22 All of your gold, silver, bronze, iron, tin and lead 23 must be put through fire. So must everything else that doesn’t burn up. Then those things will be ‘clean.’ But they must also be made pure with the special water. In fact, everything that won’t burn up must be put through that water.

===========

Headed to the “plaza” to do some shopping, my sister and I had a conversation. I don’t know how fast I was going but by the time I noticed the stopped car it was too late.  I slammed on my brakes and the car went into a skid. We hit a pole instead of the stopped car. My sister’s head hit the windshield and fortunately she walked away with only a major headache! Why did this have to happen? I thought to myself!

  • The troubles I face feel rotten at the time.
  • The trials I face seem devastating at the moment.
  • The tribulations I face seem difficult when I am going through them.



“Why me” is a question I’ve muttered to the LORD on many occasion. I mean, I’m trying to live right and do the right things but it seems like trouble is all around me is how I feel during the situation. BUT GOD knows more.

  • GOD knows it takes the fire of trials to burn away parts of my character that won’t help HIS kingdom.
  • GOD knows it takes the fire of trouble to burn away any thought of me not needing HIM.
  • GOD knows it takes the fire of tribulation to burn away to get me out of my comfort zone and follow HIM rather than my own plans.


Fire purifies. Fire burns. Fire engulfs. GOD uses fire to grow me and I should not be afraid of it rather enjoy watching the change in my character.  GOD knows what is best for me and HE wants to grow me. Praising HIM for my trials makes me stronger!

  • Are you going through difficult times?
  • Do you feel GOD has left you alone?
  • Can you look at what HE is taking you through as a growing period?
  • Won’t you praise HIM in spite of your situation?


No comments:

Post a Comment