Friday, September 27, 2013

Threatening GOD


Deuteronomy 1: 29 Then I said to you, “Don’t be terrified. Don’t be afraid of them. 30 The Lord your God will go ahead of you. He will fight for you. With your own eyes you saw how he fought for you in Egypt.

31 “You also saw how the Lord your God brought you through the desert. He carried you everywhere you went, just as a father carries his son. And now you have arrived here.”

32 In spite of that, you didn’t trust in the Lord your God.

============

For months our lives were put on hold.  Every decision was based on the possibility of moving to a new city “if” I got the top position in the company. I felt extremely nervous during the interview and did not get the position. I do remember pouting.

“LORD, what’s the purpose of being ‘good’ if nothing comes out of it? I’m done serving!” I said during my tantrum. Little did I know HE had much better things in mind for me and I was busy making HIM an enemy!

  • When I have trials placed in front of me I sometimes pout.
  • When I have obstacles placed in front of me I sometimes kick and scream at GOD.
  • When I am not getting “my” way I sometimes throw a tantrum, threatening GOD in the process.


Like a four year old who wants to run away from home I looked around and realized, where will I go? I mean everything and everywhere and everyone is HIS. You would think I would become rational at that realization. Instead I thought, “well, YOU are GOD, of course ‘YOU’ would say don’t be terrified and don’t be afraid, but I’m human what can I do?”

  • GOD says “TRUST in the LORD with all your heart in all your ways and do not lean to your own understanding.”
  • GOD says “Put aside childish things” and “have faith in your GOD for I delivered you.”
  • GOD says “the fear of GOD is the beginning of wisdom.”


In other words, why am I yelling at GOD for not getting my way?  GOD has a better plan that I could never dream up.  HIS ways are solid and I can be free to be “me”, not what everyone expects me to be. I don’t have to threaten HIM or coerce HIM into getting something I probably didn’t want in the first place.

GOD knows what’s best. HE wants a solid “trust” from me. I Believe!

  • Do you doubt GOD?
  • Are you ready to throw in the towel because life is getting difficult?
  • Why do you have to be convinced over and over that GOD is faithful?
  • Won’t you get rid of you pride of needing GOD to prove HIMSELF and show HIM your trust?


No comments:

Post a Comment