Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Mellow Out


Proverbs 3: There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
    a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.

============

Anxious over getting a job I applied for anything. I had been the leader of a large organization but money was getting low and expenses remained high. I heard many saying about “Making things happen” or “Taking control” of my situation. But it seemed pretty difficult and I needed something right then!


  • Sometimes I think I can make things happen.
  • Sometimes I think I am the one who can change the situation.
  • Sometimes I think I am in control of what happens to me.

Somehow my thoughts had me anxious to return to a certain point in my life that had long passed. I did not realize that my time for ruling a kingdom was only for a short period. GOD wanted me to think differently about life.


  • GOD wants me to remain focused on HIM and not my short stops here and there in life.
  • GOD wants me to be excited about “this” day not those in the past.
  • GOD wants me to understand there is a time for me to go through things and a time to have peace.

There is a time for everything and I need to spend my time wisely. Will I grouse about the world or will I jump in and join GOD in HIS plan to save it? Instead of really, really wanting “it” GOD wants me to mellow out and take each day as they come, knowing HE loves me dearly.


  • Are you anxious?
  • Do you feel nervous about where you are?
  • Can you get excited about today and look for opportunities to serve GOD?
  • Will you begin your journey with GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment