Wednesday, April 27, 2016

I Just Have to Shout


Jeremiah 20: But if I say, “I will not mention his word
    or speak anymore in his name,”
his word is in my heart like a fire,
    a fire shut up in my bones.
I am weary of holding it in;
    indeed, I cannot.

============

In a selfish rant I said “I will not serve YOU” and I walked away from the church for years. I mean my life didn’t seem any better than those who were not serving GOD. I figured I could sin as much as I wanted and be better off, but something kept me from going away.

  • There were times I wanted to walk away from GOD.
  • There were times I wanted to leave GOD and try life “on my own.”
  • There were times I wanted to get away from GOD and all of HIS rules and just be as free as I wanted to be.


Freedom came with a price. Something inside of me said this was a terrible mistake and I should reconsider, but my heart was stubborn. I no longer had to be bored at church or listen to music that did not have a rhythmic beat. I could live off of my wits because people had said I was smart. When troubles hit, I stood my ground. Then they kept coming. Wait; is it too late to reconsider GOD?

  • GOD is not a concept, HE is GOD.
  • GOD’s word is not a set of rules that keep me from “fun” rather they are HIS declarations of what HE already put in motion.
  • Serving GOD is quite optional and the more I do it, the more HE blesses me with HIS care and protection.


Many people have tried to leave GOD on their own terms, I know I did. They study ways of healing people and leave out GOD all together. I wanted to try and failed miserably. GOD welcomed me back and put HIS word in me. It lit me on fire and I cannot keep it inside of me. I absolutely have to tell someone about the GREAT NEWS ABOUT JESUS. HIS death took away my sins and HIS resurrection sealed my eternal life. I am so grateful I have to tell everyone!

  • Do you hide your relationship with GOD?
  • Are you scared to tell others about your belief in JESUS?
  • Will you open your mouth and tell people about what GOD has done for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment