Monday, October 17, 2016

Act with Immediacy

Joel 1: 14 Declare a holy fast;
    call a sacred assembly.
Summon the elders
    and all who live in the land
to the house of the Lord your God,
    and cry out to the Lord.

============

Floating through life, I allowed things to ‘happen” to me. As the final approached, I figured I would pick up the book at the last minute and learn the concepts. Of course I failed the class. I had not reacted fast enough.

  • There were times when I did not react fast enough.
  • There were times when I did not do things in a timely fashion.
  • There were times when I did not grab hold of the rapid pace and things did not go so well.


Speed sometimes gets in the way of my desire to do something. The faster things are going, the more I need to slow down so I can speed up. But sometimes I slowed down too much, maybe to the point of giving up for a while then I realize in a moment of panic this thing is important! Sometimes I realized it too late. The same goes for GOD sometimes.

  • GOD wants me to declare a holy fast while I still can.
  • GOD wants me to call a sacred assembly before it is too late.
  • GOD wants me to summon the elders and all who live in the land while there is still time.
  • GOD wants me to cry out to HIM before time runs out.


Putting GOD on the back burner is a very bad idea. I mean once I “got my life together” I figured I would consult HIM and maybe even serve HIM. The problem is, I can never get “my life together” because “my” life is not “mine”, it’s GOD’s. HE wants me to act with a sense of urgency towards HIS kingdom because HIS return is imminent.

It does not matter what the day or year is, GOD wants me to seek HIS lost people and turn their face towards HIM daily. HE wants me to act like there is a blazing fire burning down the whole town and HE is the only road out. My sense of urgency in the LORD can begin today!

  • Are you treating GOD like HE will never return?
  • Do you think you have to “get your life together” before you serve HIM?
  • Will you stop putting GOD on a lower priority and place HIM above everything?
  • Can you act with a sense of urgency and cry out to the LORD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment