Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Forgiven and Protected


Joel 3: 20 Judah will be inhabited forever
    and Jerusalem through all generations.
21 Shall I leave their innocent blood unavenged?
    No, I will not.”
The Lord dwells in Zion!

============

Bullies have always made me angry in a strange way. I mean when I feel bullied, I feel a mixture of rage and helplessness. At one point in my life, I could not take bullying any longer. I went to the gym and put on muscles. I later found the bullies getting bigger and stronger. What was I supposed to do?

  • There have been times in my life when bullies have had their way with me.
  • There have been times in my life in which I have been intimidated.
  • There have been times in my life that seemed unfair because bullies walked right up to me, hit me and dared that I get back up.


Intimidation is a method of wielding power and GOD cannot stand when anyone flexes their muscles at someone else. What I am saying is GOD does not like intimidation, nor does HE like when someone bullies me or if I think I can bully anyone else.

  • GOD says to me “Stand still and know the power of the LORD.”
  • GOD says to me “Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.”
  • GOD says to me “Vengeance is MINE, I will repay.”


JESUS gave me a difficult example to follow. HE said “When someone slaps you on the cheek, turn your face so they can slap the other.” This is not an exercise in face slapping and weakness rather it is an exercise in strength. HE wants me to allow HIS wrath to build up against the intimidator while HE gives me strength to stand firm on my beliefs.

Backing down from a fight takes more strength than I realized. It takes strength to hold my tongue from the bully who blasts me with words of intimidation. It takes strength for me to slow down from the road raged driver. It takes strength to allow GOD to show HIS strength while I watch. GOD forgives me and protects me daily!

  • Are you being bullied?
  • Do you have someone who is trying to intimidate you into doing something you do not want to do?
  • Can you stop trying to fight and allow GOD to fight your battle?
  • Will you stand still and know GOD’s power?


No comments:

Post a Comment