Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Fighting the Struggle

Hosea 12: 3 In the womb he grasped his brother’s heel;
    as a man he struggled with God.
4 He struggled with the angel and overcame him;
    he wept and begged for his favor.
He found him at Bethel
    and talked with him there—
5 the Lord God Almighty,
    the Lord is his name!
6 But you must return to your God;
    maintain love and justice,
    and wait for your God always.

============

“Why do I have to know who signed some document hundreds of years ago?” was my question as I struggled with the subject. I gave up on History. “Why do I have to pull myself up only to drop and do it again?” was my question as I struggled to do pullups in gym. I gave up on being strong. “Why do I have to read the Bible and go to church?” was my question as I struggled to balance time. I stepped away from GOD.

  • In the past when something was a struggle I would give up.
  • In the past when something was difficult I would cave in.
  • In the past when something was hard to overcome I would let it get the best of me and quit.


It seemed like even following GOD was too difficult. I mean I tried to be perfect and found I could not, so I walked away. BUT GOD wanted me to see HIM differently.

  • GOD wanted me to return to HIM so HE could open my eyes.
  • GOD wanted me to maintain love and justice so HE could use the talents HE placed in me.
  • GOD wanted me to wait on HIM so I could see the marvelous work HE had in store for me.


When I returned to GOD I found I had more time for HIM than I thought. In fact, the older I get, the more I realize I need HIM daily. I went back to attempting doing a pullup. I could only do one at first then two then many. I started to read the history of GOD’s people gaining understanding of where humans made mistakes. GOD was patient enough to take my struggles and turn them into victories!

  • What are you struggling with?
  • Do you find yourself on your own?
  • Can you stop fighting GOD and turn your face to HIM?
  • Will you allow HIM to help you with your battle today by focusing on HIM rather than the struggle?


No comments:

Post a Comment