Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Healed from the Wounds

Hosea 6: “Come, let us return to the Lord.
He has torn us to pieces
    but he will heal us;
he has injured us
    but he will bind up our wounds.
After two days he will revive us;
    on the third day he will restore us,
    that we may live in his presence.
Let us acknowledge the Lord;
    let us press on to acknowledge him.
As surely as the sun rises,
    he will appear;
he will come to us like the winter rains,
    like the spring rains that water the earth.”

============

“You stink” were the hurtful words that came from a friend’s mouth. He meant I literally stank, so I switched deodorants and it worked. “That effort was pitiful, try again” were the pushy words from my coach. He observed my lackluster attitude that day and made me focus to do better.

  • There were some harsh words that tore me to pieces.
  • There have been things that have been said to me that ripped me up.
  • There were some harmful words said to me that, quite honestly, did not feel good at all.


Truth can hurt, but if it is delivered in a helpful way I can hear it. Some people have simply thrown darts at me, not expecting me to recover. Those are words to ignore. BUT GOD may hit me with a message to “straighten up” simply because HE wants to restore me.

  • GOD says to me “Acknowledge ME when you drift and I will restore you.”
  • GOD says to me “Confess your sins to ME and I will be faithful and just to forgive you of those sins and to cleanse you of ALL unrighteousness.”
  • GOD says to me “Repent. I stand at the door of your heart and knock, if you open that door I will come in and sup with you.”


GOD may say “You know what you said to that person was wrong, go and apologize” especially when I don’t feel like it. HE knows “restoration” is far more important than being right or winning the fight. HE treats me with grace and expects me to do the same to others. HE heals my wounds that HE inflicted on me in order to restore me.

  • Are you being wounded by GOD?
  • Is HE trying to change your attitude and you are resisting?
  • Will you allow GOD to change your heart so HE can restore you?
  • Can you accept HIS wounds so you will grow stronger?


No comments:

Post a Comment