Friday, October 21, 2016

Is this how you repay ME?

Amos 2: 10 I brought you up out of Egypt
    and led you forty years in the wilderness
    to give you the land of the Amorites.
11 “I also raised up prophets from among your children
    and Nazirites from among your youths.
Is this not true, people of Israel?”
declares the Lord.
12 “But you made the Nazirites drink wine
    and commanded the prophets not to prophesy.

============

Swish, I went to the ground in front of the bus! The driver had just started to pull off and suddenly stopped in the nick of time. I was not harmed. “Hey!” someone cried out to me to get my attention just before I stepped into traffic. I was not harmed. A car in which I had two total loss accidents was now in its third and final accident. I was not harmed.

  • I have had many close calls in my life.
  • I have had some very narrow escapes in my life.
  • I have had several brushes with death in my life.


During the incident I don’t think I got scared, but afterwards I shuttered with fear. I may have become a little more cautious when standing on a snowy bus stop. Safety became top of mind as I plodded along with new fears. BUT GOD saw I was missing the lesson.

  • GOD does not save me to be safe rather HE wants me to have a relationship with HIM.
  • GOD does not protect me from harm for nothing rather HE wants me to serve HIM.
  • GOD does not answer my prayers just to give me “my” way rather HE wants me to align my desires to HIS in order to grow HIS kingdom.


The one thing I did not do in the incidents mentioned is “Thank GOD” for HIS protection. HE enabled me to be safe in many instances so I can speak about HIM this day. Unfortunately there have been times where I have forgotten that I am HIS creation.

I kept stacking up demands and requests, not serving or praising HIM, meanwhile HE allowed me to keep ignoring HIM until I was in deep trouble. Fortunately for me GOD is slow to anger. HE listens when I truly turn my heart towards HIS. I can actually hear GOD’s pain as HE mentions HIS salvation of when we were brought out of the desert. GOD deserves my praise!

  • Are you demanding GOD to get you out of your situation?
  • Do you feel HE is ignoring you?
  • Will you allow HIM to guide you back to HIM by praising HIM today?
  • Will you take a moment to thank HIM today for all HE has done in your life?
  • Have you ask GOD for your purpose yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment