Thursday, October 6, 2016

Longing to Redeem


Hosea 6: 13 Woe to them,
    because they have strayed from me!
Destruction to them,
    because they have rebelled against me!
I long to redeem them
    but they speak about me falsely.
14 They do not cry out to me from their hearts
    but wail on their beds.
They slash themselves, appealing to their gods
    for grain and new wine,
    but they turn away from me.

============

“GOD won’t mind” was my thought as I knowingly did what I did. I mean it’s not like I’m killing anyone. “GOD helps those who help themselves” was my thought as I sought “self-help” leadership training. I had aspirations to climb the ladder. “The Devil made me do it” was my thought, immediately passing my blame.

  • There were some false thoughts I had about GOD.
  • There have been times when I thought GOD was over there and I was on my own.
  • There were some false beliefs I had about GOD that made HIM look like the problem.


When I thought as a child, I believed GOD could not rescue me because the Devil was too strong or the situation was too messed up or I sinned once too many times. I would then spread fear about GOD saying “You better stop sinning before you come to GOD.” This was a travesty because it diminished HIS wonderful gift.

  • GOD wants me to speak about HIM in a redemptive way.
  • GOD wants me to see HIM as the MOST HIGH with all supremacy to solve any situation.
  • GOD wants me to hear HIS message of salvation through HIS one and only SON, JESUS.


Making up beliefs about GOD is quite dangerous. I went down some paths that led me to be suspicious about HIM or angry at HIM for being who HE is. “Why can’t I have my way” I would pout instead of praising HIM for what HE is doing in my life.

Crying out from my heart is important to GOD. HE wants me to desire HIM from a much deeper place than on the surface. HE wants me to turn my face to HIM daily, leaving yesterday’s sin in the past. JESUS is my redeemer, the FATHER has forgiven me and the HOLY SPIRIT now lives inside me guiding me daily.

  • What false thoughts do you have about GOD?
  • Do you think HE is trying to destroy you or cannot help you out of “this” situation?
  • Will you stop believing the lies you are thinking about GOD and turn your face back to HIM?


No comments:

Post a Comment