Thursday, October 13, 2016

Looking for Satisfaction

Hosea 13: “But I have been the Lord your God
    ever since you came out of Egypt.
You shall acknowledge no God but me,
    no Savior except me.
I cared for you in the wilderness,
    in the land of burning heat.
When I fed them, they were satisfied;
    when they were satisfied, they became proud;
    then they forgot me.

============

Struggling to pay bills I cringed when the phone rang knowing it was a credit collector calling. “LORD please help me!” I finally cried out as I began my journey back to following HIM. Eventually I made enough to pay off all my debt and soon I had a decent amount in the bank and investments. “Will you help serve the poor?” was the question posed to me at church. “Not this time, I have to prepare for work, I don’t have time.”

  • Once I struggled and cried out to GOD.
  • Once I asked GOD if HE even cared.
  • Once I begged HIM to take me out of a miserable situation only to be satisfied and forget HIM.


Satisfaction is a problem with me. I mean when I get comfortable in a situation it seems like my prayer goes out the window. In fact complaints crept in where there was once praise. “You mean I have to hear the elevator next to my king suite in this five star hotel?” My mindset had forgotten my MAKER. What should I do?

  • GOD says to me “Acknowledge no GOD but ME.”
  • GOD says to me “Acknowledge no savior except ME.”
  • GOD says to me “Remember ME as long as you live.”


Thankfulness and gratitude should pour from my lips constantly. I should thank GOD for every moment HE allows me to breathe on this planet. Each day HE gives me an opportunity to serve HIM, some days I do and some days I don’t. HE forgives me and I should offer HIM praise instead of complaints. GOD is my satisfaction!

  • Are you searching for comfort?
  • Do you want satisfaction?
  • Can you keep praise on your lips instead of complaints?
  • Will you add thankfulness and gratitude to your heart for where GOD has you right now?


No comments:

Post a Comment