Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Painstaking Care

Hosea 11: It was I who taught Ephraim to walk,
    taking them by the arms;
but they did not realize
    it was I who healed them.
I led them with cords of human kindness,
    with ties of love.
To them I was like one who lifts
    a little child to the cheek,
    and I bent down to feed them.

============

Sadness mixed with hope seems to come from these words. I mean I could actually hear GOD crying over humanity and over me. Why cry? I mean HE is GOD and can do anything right? This is something to ponder.

  • GOD seems to feel pain when I sin.
  • GOD seems to be hurt when I turn my back on HIM.
  • GOD seems to feel abandoned when I try to walk away from HIS statutes.


Like a hurt parent when the child runs away, GOD sees me run as if HE is the problem. HE feels my darts of blame towards HIM and groans in pain when I consult other humans over HIS wisdom.

  • GOD wants me to see HE taught me everything.
  • GOD wants me to recognize HE healed my body, not the surgeon.
  • GOD wants me to understand HE led me with kindness and ties of love.


Sometimes I am so busy trying to get my way that I cannot see GOD and HIS awesome protection. HE walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way. GOD does incredible things each day and it is up to me to see HIM.

  • Are you mad at GOD right now?
  • Are you worried about something?
  • Can you stop your anger or doubt and accept GOD’s path for you?
  • Will you allow GOD to heal you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment