Thursday, October 6, 2016

True Acknowledgement

Hosea 8: Israel cries out to me,
    ‘Our God, we acknowledge you!’
But Israel has rejected what is good;
    an enemy will pursue him.
They set up kings without my consent;
    they choose princes without my approval.
With their silver and gold
    they make idols for themselves
    to their own destruction.

============

“Are you saved?” was the strange question posed to me. I was in a crowd and did not know what to say. “Yes I go to church” was my reply, as if to say “Shut up, I’m around my friends, I believe in CHRIST but I’m undercover right now.”

  • There have been times when I was ashamed of my relationship with GOD.
  • There have been times when I wanted to fit into the crowd rather than standing firm on my faith.
  • There have been times when I acknowledged there is a GOD without saying I belong to HIM.


When the crowd wanted to say lust filled jokes I put away my relationship with HIM and joined in on the “fun.” That same crowd would disappear and I would run back to the box I stuffed GOD in and beg HIM to come out, but just for a moment. GOD had to tell me something.

  • GOD said to me “If you are ashamed of ME I will be ashamed of you.”
  • GOD said to me “There will be many who will say LORD, LORD did we not prophesy in your name? BUT I will say depart from ME, I never knew you.”
  • GOD said to me “You cannot serve money and ME at the same time.”


As harsh as those words were, I understood where GOD was coming from. HE wanted me to acknowledge HIM in “all my ways”, not just some. HE wants me to boldly tell others about my relationship with HIS SON JESUS, who is the CHRIST. GOD desires that HIS name tops all others, even my job or bank account. HE wants me to praise HIM rather than pout that I do not have enough. GOD I am yours and YOU are my GOD!

  • Are you acknowledging GOD on the surface?
  • Do you attend church regularly without meeting someone new and telling them about the great news about JESUS?
  • Can you start to acknowledge GOD with your heart today rather than trying to look good in front of humans?


No comments:

Post a Comment