Matthew 17: After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. 2 There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. 3 Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.
4 Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.”
5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”
Somehow, Peter knew who Moses and Elijah were without ever seeing them or meeting them. He was out of his mind as he blurted out his desire to help. I wonder what they were doing there. What were they discussing?
- On a daily basis I can have a conversation with GOD.
- Each and every day I can discuss JESUS for whom the FATHER is well pleased.
- Daily I can seek to talk about JESUS with others.
Listening to JESUS is the most important conversation I could ever have. THE FATHER makes it very clear that I should do so. HE showed JESUS in a transfigured manner letting me know there is more to JESUS than what is written.
- Are you listening to yourself or JESUS?
- Are you quieting down to hear HIS voice?
- Can you stop talking about humans and talk about JESUS today?