Friday, September 8, 2017

Keep Looking Out


Matthew 26: 40 Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. “Couldn’t you men keep watch with me for one hour?” he asked Peter. 41 “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

42 He went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.”

43 When he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy. 44 So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing.

45 Then he returned to the disciples and said to them, “Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the hour has come, and the Son of Man is delivered into the hands of sinners. 46 Rise! Let us go! Here comes my betrayer!”

============

With squinted eyes I could not see the bus. “I have time” I said to myself, so I went into a shop to get whatever they were selling. I returned just as the bus zoomed past.

  • Sometimes I drop my guard.
  • Sometimes I stop looking out.
  • Sometimes I get caught up in something else rather than focusing on what I am supposed to.


JESUS found HIS disciples sleeping when HE wanted them to be on the lookout, praying. My guess is that HE wanted to teach them a very important final lesson, but they were not ready to hear it so they slept and the moment passed.

  • GOD wants me to live for HIM daily.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS face daily.
  • GOD wants me to be on the lookout for HIS miracles daily.


Falling asleep is the equivalent of me drifting away from following GOD. When I close my eyes to wrong I drift into temptation. “The SPIRIT is willing but my flesh is weak” is what GOD says to me. Unless I stay in prayer, the world’s traps will get to me. GOD wants me awake.

  • Are you asleep and cannot hear GOD?
  • Are you trying to do things on your own power and are missing GOD’s miracles for you?
  • Will you stop looking in the opposite direction and look for GOD to solve your problems?


No comments:

Post a Comment