Thursday, September 28, 2017

Left Alone

Matthew 27: 45 From noon until three in the afternoon darkness came over all the land. 46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).

47 When some of those standing there heard this, they said, “He’s calling Elijah.”

48 Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar, put it on a staff, and offered it to Jesus to drink. 49 The rest said, “Now leave him alone. Let’s see if Elijah comes to save him.”

============

With a huge task at hand and no one around to help I cried out “LORD what!?” I meant to say to HIM, “Why did you bring me to this point only to drop me off in the middle of nowhere, alone!?”

  • Sometimes I feel alone.
  • Sometimes I feel forsaken.
  • Sometimes I feel by myself only with onlookers instead of participants.


Even when I asked for help the onlookers would offer me something I did not need or they did not know how to help. Others, stood there and wanted to see if I would fall all the way down or if something truly amazing was going to happen.

JESUS faced the same thing. HE was on public display and blamed for every sin of every human that ever existed. Gawkers wanted to see more parlor tricks as they stared at a dying man. JESUS felt left alone.

  • JESUS understands my loneliness so HE sent a comforter.
  • JESUS knows how I feel when I cry out to HIM.
  • JESUS cares tremendously when I feel left alone.


Sometimes I even go as far as JESUS did and blame the FATHER for leaving me alone. HE said “MY GOD, MY GOD, why have YOU forsaken ME?” I asked GOD the same question, especially when the pressures of the world are creeping around me.

GOD says to me “I will never leave you nor forsake you” and that gives me peace. The problems of the world melt away and I look for HIS deliverance in HIS time, HIS way.

  • Do you feel alone?
  • Do you feel like you have no one helping you?
  • Can you turn to GOD and ask HIM to fill you up with HIS comfort today?



No comments:

Post a Comment