Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Absolute Power


Matthew 27: 32 As they were going out, they met a man from Cyrene, named Simon, and they forced him to carry the cross. 33 They came to a place called Golgotha (which means “the place of the skull”). 34 There they offered Jesus wine to drink, mixed with gall; but after tasting it, he refused to drink it. 35 When they had crucified him, they divided up his clothes by casting lots. 36 And sitting down, they kept watch over him there.37 Above his head they placed the written charge against him: this is jesus, the king of the jews.

============

“One day I will get big and be able to fight back” I said to myself as I stepped into the gym.  Tired of being pushed around, I was motivated to pile on the muscles necessary to pound someone in the face if provoked. When I stepped into a bar with my lifting buddies, I could tell something was different this time. I think we are about to get into a fight. I said to myself.

  • Three were times I wanted to be the intimidator instead of being intimidated.
  • There were times I wanted to be in power instead of “them.”
  • There were times I wanted to be the one on top and have the rest on the bottom.


Intimidation was the weapon of choice the soldiers used when walking through the city with JESUS. They forced a man named Simon to carry JESUS’s cross. I saw the word “they” used in this passage a lot and never in a good context. It seemed like the soldiers had absolute power. BUT GOD says something different.

  • GOD says to me “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.”
  • GOD says to me “Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of GOD, that HE may exalt you in due time.”
  • GOD says to me “I AM your strength in weakness.”


Power causes corruption and absolute power causes absolute corruption, except when speaking about GOD. HE does hold absolute power except HIS is based with love. HE is in control of all and wants all to be with HIM. HE never intimidates or bullies me into believing in HIS murdered SON. HE quietly cares for me and gently restores me. I am blessed by GOD.

  • Are you seeking power?
  • Do you want your way so bad that you desire a title?
  • Will you seek GOD first and allow HIM to raise you up in HIS time, HIS way?



No comments:

Post a Comment