Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Insult to Injury


Matthew 27: 38 Two rebels were crucified with him, one on his right and one on his left. 39 Those who passed by hurled insults at him, shaking their heads40 and saying, “You who are going to destroy the temple and build it in three days, save yourself! Come down from the cross, if you are the Son of God!” 41 In the same way the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the elders mocked him. 42 “He saved others,” they said, “but he can’t save himself! He’s the king of Israel! Let him come down now from the cross, and we will believe in him. 43 He trusts in God. Let God rescue him now if he wants him, for he said, ‘I am the Son of God.’” 44 In the same way the rebels who were crucified with him also heaped insults on him.

============

As I presented the budget I noticed snickering from the audience. Knowing this was my last week at the company, the attendees knew the information was a waste of their time. The questions asked were more insults than enquiries. I felt humiliated.

  • There have been times I have felt humiliated.
  • There have been times when I was insulted when I was at my lowest.
  • There have been times when those around me hurled insults at me and all I could do was stand there.


Someone said “Words will never hurt me” but they did. Those who had once cheered me on were now insulting me as if I were the cause of the world’s problems. I walked out in shame. BUT GOD wanted me to understand something from this.

  • GOD wanted me to “Pray for my enemies.”
  • GOD wanted me to “Turn the other cheek” while being slapped in the face with insults.
  • GOD wanted me to “Love those who are not easy to love.”


It is easy to love people who love me back but to love those who hate me is another thing! I mean they insulted me and mocked me. JESUS too was insulted and mocked. The heads of the church criticized the living GOD thinking they had killed a blasphemer. They insulted HIS love, HIS statements and HIS authority. BUT GOD died for mankind anyway.

JESUS did say HE is the SON of GOD and never shied away from that statement. HE used tremendous restraint to accept insults and injury unto HIS death. HE knows I can be hurt by insults but HE says to me “I love you and that is what matters.” I can let go of insults and focus on GOD’s love.

  • Have you been insulted?
  • Is someone mocking you and your abilities?
  • Can you let it go and allow GOD to heal your wounds today?



No comments:

Post a Comment