Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Looking for Trouble


Matthew 26: 57 Those who had arrested Jesus took him to Caiaphas the high priest, where the teachers of the law and the elders had assembled. 58 But Peter followed him at a distance, right up to the courtyard of the high priest. He entered and sat down with the guards to see the outcome.

59 The chief priests and the whole Sanhedrin were looking for false evidence against Jesus so that they could put him to death. 60 But they did not find any, though many false witnesses came forward.

Finally two came forward 61 and declared, “This fellow said, ‘I am able to destroy the temple of God and rebuild it in three days.’”

============

“This guy has got to go!” I thought to myself. He was causing problems at work and stirred everyone up. I asked people what he did wrong and they could not tell me for certain what he was doing. No one else had the nerve to get rid of this person so I had to be the one. Finally one person came forth and told me about some trivial mistakes. “Maybe I can use this” I thought.

  • There were times when I looked for evidence against “that” person.
  • There were times when I sought to prove my position was right.
  • There were times when I would have listened to false witnesses and been alright with it.


Peace is all I wanted even if my employees may have been the malefactors. It was easier to fire one than many, no matter how “right” he was. GOD wants me to have a different attitude.

  • GOD wants me to stand up for what is right versus following the crowd.
  • GOD wants me to guard against pleasing the crowd versus following what HE says.
  • GOD wants me to seek first HIS righteousness instead of looking at humans who may have hidden motives.


When I look for trouble in a person I often can find it. I mean everyone has problems and I can make their imperfections stand out with the right crowd behind me. GOD wants me to seek what is good not what is obviously bad. HE saved me in the middle of my sins and desires to do the same for “that” person. HE wants me to have grace.

  • Are you looking for the worst in “that” person?
  • Are you immaturely building up evidence against them and getting your crowd to believe in you even if the truth may have been stretched?
  • Will you stop looking for trouble and start looking for GOD’s grace today?


No comments:

Post a Comment