Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Surrounded


Matthew 26: 47 While he was still speaking, Judas, one of the Twelve, arrived. With him was a large crowd armed with swords and clubs, sent from the chief priests and the elders of the people. 48 Now the betrayer had arranged a signal with them: “The one I kiss is the man; arrest him.” 49 Going at once to Jesus, Judas said, “Greetings, Rabbi!” and kissed him.

50 Jesus replied, “Why have you come, friend?”

Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him. 51 With that, one of Jesus’ companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.

============

Finally the day was over, or so I thought. I paid my fare and sat down on the strangely open window seat. I figured someone got up and I was the fortunate soul to ride in bus comfort. 

When I sat down the person behind me said something but I could not discern what he said. Then someone sat next to me on the aisle and then two more stood in the aisle. I was being robbed with no way out!

  • There were times I felt surrounded.
  • There were times when I looked around and I could not see friendly faces.
  • There were times when I had no choice but to give in to the difficult situation.


JESUS faced the same thing. An army came to arrest HIM because they thought they were in control. They had seen miracles and chalked it up to JESUS being a person who got lucky and they were going to make HIS luck run out. BUT JESUS knew.

  • JESUS knew HE was going to be arrested and allowed it anyway.
  • JESUS could have stopped them with a mere utterance of a word, but HE chose to be taken.
  • JESUS saw how far HIS betrayer went and still called him “friend.”


Later in life I was surrounded again, only this time it was corporate bullies and thugs. GOD opened my eyes to see that I may be surrounded again and again in life so I should expect it, like HE did. HE taught me to trust HIS protection even when it seems like there is no way out.

  • Are you surrounded by your trouble?
  • Do you see problems on all sides with no way out?
  • Can you calm down for a moment and allow GOD to protect you?


No comments:

Post a Comment