Friday, November 3, 2017

Will Call

Mark 3: 31 Then His brothers and His mother came, and standing outside they sent to Him, calling Him. 32 And a multitude was sitting around Him; and they said to Him, “Look, Your mother and Your brothers are outside seeking You.”

33 But He answered them, saying, “Who is My mother, or My brothers?”34 And He looked around in a circle at those who sat about Him, and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! 35 For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother.”

============

“What do YOU want from me?” was my anxious cry as I did not get my expected outcome yet again. Here was my normal pattern. I would want something, ask GOD “Please let me have that something” then pout when that something does not come in the time or way or amount that I wanted.

  • Many times I am not open to GOD’s will.
  • Many times I secretly get mad that GOD doesn’t answer my prayers in my time, my way.
  • Many times I question GOD’s will when something “I” consider “bad” happens to me.


From car accidents to robberies to failed careers to people leaving when I needed them the most, I prayed prayers I thought were earnest and sincere but did not get what I wanted. In frustration I would cry out “What!?” meaning “What is the will of GOD?”

  • GOD says to me “I want you to tell people about ME in everything you do.”
  • GOD says to me “I have a serious plan for you that will be met with opposition, but I AM there for you.”
  • GOD says to me “MY will is that all will be saved and I need you as one of MY few laborers.”


When I realized my purpose I could see GOD’s will a little clearer. HE doesn’t need another selfish, attention grabbing person who feels a little too confident in themselves. GOD needs me exactly as I am, sin and all, to tell other people “JESUS loved me to the point of death for me and now that HE is alive I can live eternally with HIM, no sickness and no pain.”

I hear GOD tell me to “Help that person” or “Pray for those who harm you” or “Give what you can while praising ME to be able to give.” GOD then grows me up to complain about HIM less and less. When something “bad” happens I also understand that is part of HIS will as “All things work together for good to them that love GOD, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” GOD calls me to do HIS will.

  • Are you complaining that you are not getting your way fast enough?
  • Can you accept GOD’s timing and methods?
  • Will you praise GOD and tell people about JESUS in the middle of your crisis?


No comments:

Post a Comment