Friday, March 23, 2018

Narrow Escape


Mark 14: 51 Now a certain young man followed Him, having a linen cloth thrown around his naked body. And the young men laid hold of him, 52 and he left the linen cloth and fled from them naked.

============

“Almost there!” I said to myself anxiously. I could hear them saying, “Catch him” but I was too fast. As I ran in the door one person grabbed hold of my backpack and tried to pull me out. I squirmed inside. Fortunately it was where I worked so I was safe.

  • There have been times when I have been chased.
  • Three have been times when I have been in trouble.
  • There have been times when the only solution was to run.


Fearing for their lives, everyone fled from JESUS because they could have been locked up and killed too. There was no longer a thought of a new king, only survival. Those who followed JESUS were now wanted by the government so everyone fled as if they never knew HIM.

  • JESUS forgives me when I panic and run from HIM.
  • JESUS forgives me when I get scared and doubt HIM.
  • JESUS forgives me when I put myself first even though HE should be first.


Life can be scary. There are so many unknowns and trouble seems to rear its ugly head daily. BUT GOD understands. HE knows my fears, doubts and may worries. HE also sees HIS wonderful plan for me that HE has already executed.

HIS plan cannot be altered because HE has already done it for me, that is why HE can make so many promises. GOD says what will happen because to HIM it already happened. HE is the Alpha and the Omega, Beginning and the End. HE knows the future because HE is the future and HE has a bright future for me.

  • Are you running scared right now?
  • Is something right on your heels and you are panicked?
  • Can you take a breather for a moment to understand GOD has a bright future for you if you put your trust in HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment