Friday, March 30, 2018

True Power



Mark 15: Immediately, in the morning, the chief priests held a consultation with the elders and scribes and the whole council; and they bound Jesus, led Him away, and delivered Him to Pilate. Then Pilate asked Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?”

He answered and said to him, It is as you say.”

And the chief priests accused Him of many things, but He answered nothing. Then Pilate asked Him again, saying, “Do You answer nothing? See how many things they testify against You!” But Jesus still answered nothing, so that Pilate marveled.

============

“Look at her now” I joined in on the gloating as the difficult person was being released from the company. This person did not go away quietly. She sent an email to the entire company stating poor leadership as being the problem. I quickly dismissed her words as desperation and moved on like everyone else.


  • There were times when I classified people as being weak.
  • There were times when I thought people were truly on different levels.
  • There were times when I judged the noisy people as being foolish.

“Do YOU answer nothing?” Pilate asked. He knew the cheap shots that were taken at JESUS were more than likely lies since he was in politics. Pilate thought JESUS would cave in like everyone else and beg for HIS life, but JESUS did something strange.


  • JESUS showed me HIS true power by remaining silent during slander.
  • JESUS showed me HIS awesome grace by allowing HIS creation to blame HIM.
  • JESUS showed me HIS love and patience by allowing those who were supposed to represent HIM to tie HIM up and think they had power over HIM.

Power is a dangerous pursuit. GOD knows when I pursue power, I am really trying to push HIM out and place my name over HIS. I categorize people with my cheap labels in order to have power over them. GOD wants me to focus on HIS true and pure power. HIS silence spoke volumes on HIS restraint. This is the power I marvel at.


  • Are you noisy?
  • Do you slander people or laugh at someone else’s downfall?
  • Can you stop trying to put people on levels and place GOD over everyone and every situation today?

No comments:

Post a Comment