Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Prove It


Mark 14: 60 And the high priest stood up in the midst and asked Jesus, saying, “Do You answer nothing? What is it these men testify against You?” 61 But He kept silent and answered nothing.
Again the high priest asked Him, saying to Him, “Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?”

62 Jesus said, “I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.”

63 Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “What further need do we have of witnesses? 64 You have heard the blasphemy! What do you think?”

And they all condemned Him to be deserving of death.

65 Then some began to spit on Him, and to blindfold Him, and to beat Him, and to say to Him, “Prophesy!” And the officers struck Him with the palms of their hands.

============

“Please supply your driver’s license, passport, five years of bank statements, seven years of taxes, birth certificate and social security card please” was the overwhelming request made to me as I was going to assume a house note. “Why do you need all of this?” I asked. “To prove who you are” they said.

  • There have been times when I had to prove my identity.
  • There were times when I had to carry the right paperwork around with me to prove who I was.
  • There have been times when I was worried about people believing in my identity.


Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?” was asked by the church leaders in an assumed authoritative way. They questioned JESUS as if to say “Prove it to us and we will let you go.” Their arrogance was noted by JESUS and HE answered “I AM” stating HE is GOD. They were furious!

  • JESUS wants me to know HE IS the great I AM.
  • JESUS wants me to know HE IS GOD.
  • JESUS wants me to know HE IS alive, just as HE said HE would be.


“You will see the SON of MAN sitting at the right hand of the POWER, and coming with the clouds of heaven” were the words that incited pure anger. The church leaders decided to prove their power over JESUS by beating HIM, but they had no power at all. JESUS allowed every blow because HE wanted to forgive me for my sins.

  • Do you believe in JESUS?
  • Are you busy trying to make HIM prove HIMSELF in your life?
  • Can you stop forcing GOD to show you signs and allow HIM to open your eyes in order to do a marvelous work in you?  


No comments:

Post a Comment