Friday, June 11, 2010

How "passionate" are you about CHRIST?

Acts 26:24At this point Festus interrupted Paul's defense. "You are out of your mind, Paul!" he shouted. "Your great learning is driving you insane."

 
25"I am not insane, most excellent Festus," Paul replied. "What I am saying is true and reasonable. 26The king is familiar with these things, and I can speak freely to him. I am convinced that none of this has escaped his notice, because it was not done in a corner. 27King Agrippa, do you believe the prophets? I know you do."

  
28Then Agrippa said to Paul, "Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?"

  
29Paul replied, "Short time or long—I pray God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains."

 

============================== 

 
I can't lie, I am very passionate about CHRIST. Actually there are times when I get a little too zealous about telling people the Great News and it becomes a turn off. I realize this is the single most important thing in life and I want everyone to know and accept it.

 
The problem is that I wish for people to accept "GOD's gift" on "my terms." I have seen people accept the great words about CHRIST and they believed and were saved right in front of my face! What a rush! I wanted that to happen again and again.

 
I told someone else about CHRIST and they said "Get that out of here!" "Hmm, what went wrong?", I would ask myself. So I would try another way. Maybe if I am nicer or if I am more involved in their life then they would believe. Then I realized that GOD doesn’t "need my help" rather I should spread the Great News because I am excited, not because I am forced to do so. 
  • GOD has the power to convince everyone of HIS existence. 
  • GOD has the power to force everyone to "believe" in HIM. 
  • GOD has the power to allow HIS humans to choose HIM rather than forcing their hand. 
  • GOD has the power to guide people to me and it's my choice to spread the great news.

Paul was facing death and his last words were going to be about CHRIST. That's passion! Paul decided to preach about HCRIST in a smart way. He used "confession" as the tool to convince people that CHRIST is the SAVIOR.

 
Paul told everyone that he was a murderer and a religious fanatic who was focused in the wrong direction. He confessed that he enjoyed watching believers of CHRIST being slaughtered. In fact he pursued them in foreign cities.

  • GOD can use the worst scoundrel for HIS purpose.
  • GOD can use the deepest sinner to preach HIS great news.
  • GOD can capture the most powerful human and leverage them as a tool to bring people back to HIM.

The King said "Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?" Paul said in so many words "I hope so, for you and everyone." I know that speaking about CHRIST brings persecution from the world to me, yet I stand only for HIM and I will continue to preach HIS word.
  • Are you afraid to tell people about CHRIST?
  • Is your life reflective of HIS salvation?
  • Are you excited or wallowing in pity?
  • Is there someone you can tell or pray for that they may believe in CHRIST JESUS?

No comments:

Post a Comment