Friday, July 30, 2010

How to deal with a “stupid” boss!

Romans 13: 1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

==========================

Wild spirits like me are difficult to tame. One major problem I have is submitting to someone who knows and does “less” than me. Why should I listen to this person, they don’t know what they are saying or doing anyway? Why are they in this position?

 
Many times I have run into a boss who lacked knowledge on many vital subjects and we would huddle and discuss his or her flaws. Little did we know that this person was appointed by GOD HIMSELF.

 
What? GOD appointed a stupid boss over me? No, GOD appointed this person over me and I am supposed to treat them with respect and trust just like anyone else.
  •  GOD put “that” person over me for a purpose.
  • GOD understands there is something in me that needs to change.
  • GOD shapes me by putting tough people in my life.

 My thoughts are not always right. Yes I may be very experienced in a particular area, but what is it about my boss that I should appreciate? How can I get to know and get along with that person? What am I supposed to learn?

 
Many times I have rebelled against the new boss and I didn’t win. They came down hard with their authority and brought judgment instead of thanksgiving. Fortunately I had great support but I caused many unnecessary battles.

  • When I submit to an authority work is easier.
  • When I submit to an authority I open my mind to a new direction.
  • When I submit to an authority I am blessed for helping and not tearing things down.
  • When I submit to an authority I am submitting to GOD.
Each time I go to work I view my boss as JESUS which means I will always try my best. If I see something wrong happening I warn my boss. If I see a great idea then I let my boss get credit. Why, because while my boss has been placed over me by GOD then maybe HE put them there to see how one of HIS followers should really act.

 
The world is not mine to gain. Promotions are nice, but being an example of GOD is better. I am not weak rather I show my strength by submitting to GOD.

  • Do you have a difficult boss?
  • Why has this person been put into your life?
  • What is it about “you” that GOD is trying to change?
  • What personal issues is this person going through?

No comments:

Post a Comment