Monday, July 12, 2010

GOD is GOD enough said.

  Romans 9: 14What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15For he says to Moses,

 
"I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,

 
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion." 16It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy. 17For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth." 18Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

 

===============================
 
I have questioned GOD on many occasions. I have said “Why do YOU let these people get away with whatever they are getting away with, meanwhile I struggle?” Then in a temper tantrum tell GOD how good I have been. “I’ve served, gone to church, given money, read the Bible and stopped lying, well I almost stopped lying!”

This is my usual response when I’m not getting my way. The problem is that I don’t know what I need, I just know what I want and sometimes what I want is against what GOD wants for me.
  • When I question GOD, I question HIS authority. 
  • When I question GOD, I question HIS motive. 
  • When I question GOD, I question HIS methods. 
  • When I question GOD, I am basically saying “YOU don’t know better why don’t YOU do it my way?”

Sovereign is a word that describes GOD. This means HE has the power and the right to set the rules and keep them. HE can do anything HE likes including give reckless people wealth to squander it while HIS servants suffer on the earth. Is this fair? Well, it doesn’t seem like it.
  • It’s not fair that my sin caused someone else to die. 
  • It’s not fair that my sin caused a person to assume full blame. 
  • It’s not fair that just because I was born, someone had to die. 
  • It’s not fair that all the wrong I do is forgiven just by believing in JESUS who died in my place. 

 
Sometimes, okay most times I see things wrong when I look at what GOD is doing. I can’t see that HE is actually showing me goodness and mercy each and every day. I look at what “I want” and I cry like a baby when I really should be thanking HIM for all HE has done.

 
GOD is GOD not a human. HE did transform HIMSELF into a human to die for me, but HE is still GOD just the same. HE is the creator of the universe and the savior of mankind. My belief in the greatest act of kindness requires praise not doubt.

 
I guess the true struggle with GOD’s position is that I want my way, but “every” time I yield my heart to HIM, I have “never” been disappointed. GOD is a promise keeper and HIS love toward me is unyielding!
  • Are you jealous over someone else’s fortune?
  • Do you hang around gloomy people to feel better about yourself?
  • Are you leading people to feel better or are you looking to remain miserable?
  • Are you questioning GOD and HIS motives?
  • How would you do things differently if you were GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment