Tuesday, July 13, 2010

GOD “made you” and doesn’t make mistakes!

Romans 9: 19One of you will say to me: "Then why does God still blame us? For who resists his will?" 20But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?' "21Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?

Sometimes I question GOD and I ask “why did you make me this way?” It seems like some people just sail through life without problems. I read about people who were born into wealthy families, had everything at their beckon call and remained healthy to ripe old ages. Now that’s just unfair, or is it?
  • When I am not satisfied with the way GOD made me, I question what HE likes.
  • When I am not satisfied with the way GOD made me, I seek confirmation from the wrong people.
  • When I am not satisfied with the way GOD made me, I try to be something that I am not.
  • When I am not satisfied with the way GOD made me, I attempt to please people who don’t please GOD.
I was born with the characteristics, wealth and health that GOD wanted me to have. GOD has a special purpose specifically for me and only me. This purpose required me to be born into the family I was born into and needed me to be made exactly the way I am.

 
Free will still has to come into play here. GOD made me able to make choices, so if I choose to be a jerk versus helping others then it is “my choice” that will be judged. This means I can no longer say “That’s just the way I am.” In other words, my personality can change to be more and more like JESUS.

 
What I’m talking about are things that I cannot or should not change. My gender, height, skin, facial features hair type and color were given to me by GOD. My parents, siblings and household income were also given to me by GOD. The phrase “I didn’t ask to be born” is one that I shouldn’t even say.

 
GOD desired me to reach a specific group of people or more importantly, one specific person on this earth. I may not know who it is, but my background and experiences makes me the perfect fit for the job! GOD made me special so I praise HIM for it.
  • Do you like the way GOD made you?
  • What are you dissatisfied about?
  • Did GOD make a mistake by making you the way HE did?
  • What purpose do you think GOD has in store for you by making you this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment