Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Is belief in my “head” or my “heart?”

Romans 10: 9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
 
=============================
 
My parents taught me to believe that JESUS did some wonderful things. At the age of twelve I accepted CHRIST as my savior. In other words I believed JESUS died because of sins I committed in order to keep me from eternal death.

 
It was logical to me that GOD existed and HIS SON died for my sins, but soon my beliefs would be put to the test. I saw Christian men and women fail at what they taught me. I saw people who went to church out of duty instead of need.

  
I saw the needy neglected and the rich bragging about how great GOD is because of their earthly trinkets. I saw lust instead of love and I saw many people who claim to follow CHRIST by picking and choosing to follow small portions of the Bible when it was convenient for them.

 
I got disillusioned.

 
  • GOD said I am different than any human.
  • GOD said I came to earth because I cared for you.
  • GOD said I understand the hypocrisy of mankind and I took care of that too.
  • GOD said I love you!

 
Broken people are very special to GOD. How do I know? I am one of them. GOD sees me attempt to be good when there is no good in me. HE knows that my belief is only a whisper and I would never have chosen HIM.

 
Logically I know about GOD and HIS powers, but it takes faith to actually believe in all HE can and will do for me. In order to be saved from eternal separation, I must believe that I need to be saved. I have to confess to the being WHO created me that I have a problem and the problem is “me.”

 
Here is the best way I can explain salvation:
  • I must believe that I was created by GOD WHO is eternal and all powerful, all knowing and everywhere. 
  • I must believe that while “sin” is not my fault, it is my death and separates me from GOD eternally. 
  • I must believe GOD is not the problem rather HIS love for me provided a solution.
  • I must believe that by saying “Okay, YOU are GOD and I am a human, YOU are superior in all YOUR ways, YOUR actions and thoughts are always right and I fight against YOU”, is my confession.
Confessing that I am wrong and HE is right is probably the hardest thing for me to do. I struggle with trying to get my way, but when I yield to GOD’s way, “I will not be put to shame.”
  • Have you confessed that GOD has the highest position?
  • Are you willing to follow HIS ways and not yours?
  • Have you struggled with HIS methods?
  • What does your “heart” believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment