Monday, September 6, 2010

Stand firm in your faith!

1 Corinthians 15:58Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

 
============================

There were times where I was fighting battles for what was true and right. Nothing could stop me from worshipping GOD and my prayers seemed to be heard and answered in amazing ways. Everything seemed to go right for me so it was quite easy to “stand” for GOD.

 
Then the waves of life came. A disagreement here, a stolen object there, pressure at work, then no work, loved ones sick or dying, it seemed like GOD wasn’t hearing me.

 
  • When my total focus is on life here on earth my labor is in vain.
  • My life has to have a balance of working to live here and looking forward to heaven.
  • I need to realize that “everything” I have came from GOD and HE can do what HE wants with it.

 
Since everything I have is GOD’s, I can stop trying to obtain and I can drop my worries over trying to keep the little I have. This frees up my thinking and time. When the things of this world are no longer an issue for me, then I can easily focus on GOD’s kingdom.

 
Don’t get me wrong, I still don’t do this very well, but when I do, I am truly blessed.
  • When I focus on GOD, HE blesses me.
  • When I focus on others, they get blessed too.
  • When I focus on serving, I forget about my issues.
  • When I focus on blessing, I can hear people in need.

 Standing firm is something GOD wants me to do. It takes a mindset that truly is not focused on me.
  • Are you standing firm in your faith?
  • Do you get easily shaken by life’s circumstances?
  • Do you try to use your own power to resolve everyone’s (even your own) issues?

No comments:

Post a Comment