Thursday, December 2, 2010

Believing in the wrong things can really hurt!

2 Thessalonians 2: 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing.

They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

============

“Come on, I’ll show you how to play, we’ll have fun” one of my coworkers said. I believed him and gave the person behind the table $20 he handed me some chips I placed them on a number and he spun the wheel. He then scooped my chips away.

My “friend” said “try again” so I gave another $20 and after watching those chips being scooped away I asked “When am I going to start having fun?”

Gullible was my middle name after graduating college. People were so convincing and I would fall for it. Finally I got tired of being taken and began to do research for myself. Fortunately for me, I started with the Bible.
  • GOD said the world will get worse in its thinking.
  • GOD said the world will move further and further away from HIM.
  • GOD said the world will focus on money and worry about it and crave it.
  • GOD said many “churches” will look like the world teaching “light messages” staying away from the truth!
The “last days” is a dismal topic. It speaks of destruction of humanity as we know it and it has some very strong caveats.
  • The Antichrist will declare he is GOD and people will still want to follow him. (No, he probably will not be an American president as the narrow think).
  • The end will seem like a new beginning, like times will be better because of this “man of lawlessness.”
  • GOD will help people believe in the “man of lawlessness.”
There is only one being to believe in and that is JESUS who is the CHRIST. HE died for the salvation of all humans and that is the only place we should be looking.
  • HE doesn’t want me looking at other people, blaming them for my difficult time.
  • HE doesn’t want me to “do anything it takes” to get money especially if it means taking my eyes off of HIM.
  • HE doesn’t want me to live one way around some people and another way around other people.
JESUS died because of the compassion and love for humans and HE wants me to act the same way.
  • Are you falling into lies without understanding what GOD truly says?
  • Are you reading GOD’s Bible for yourself?
  • Do you believe JESUS died for your sins and that’s “all” you need to believe in to be saved?

No comments:

Post a Comment