Thursday, December 9, 2010

I secretly want “that person” to fail.

1 Timothy 3: 1 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

============

Gruff was the best description that I could give one of my bosses without using foul language. It seemed like every turn all of us made he was there to criticize. I think I saw him make a few people cry or at least in my mind they should have. How should I handle a person like this?
  • There are going to be people who are in charge that will rub me the wrong way.
  • There are going to be people who lead corporations and nations that I don’t get along with.
  • There are going to be people who lead volunteer efforts who can’t “lead” their way out of a paper bag.
It seems like I attract the weird bosses or people in charge who are very hard to pray for. They alienate their staff at every turn and are poster children for insults. GOD says HE wants me to pray for the person… Okay I will, but I secretly want that person to fail.
  • GOD wants my attitude to truly desire “that” person to succeed.
  • GOD wants me to love those who are very difficult to love.
  • GOD wants me to truly want the best for “that” person as an example to others that love is greater than man.
People watch me constantly and if I show hatred, prejudice or malcontent for any one of our leaders, then my ministry of showing GOD’s love goes away. HE cannot use me when I secretly harbor ill feelings toward a person in charge. “Why?” because HE put them there and has a plan.

I don’t know why GOD raises up leaders I don’t want or agree with, all I know is that I am supposed to earnestly pray for them so that “we” can have GOD’s peace.
  • Is there a boss or someone in leadership that you don’t like or agree with?
  • Do you openly complain about your company’s or country’s leaders?
  • If you do not openly complain, then do you secretly complain?
  • Can you follow GOD in truly desiring them to succeed simply because HE wants you to?

No comments:

Post a Comment