Monday, December 13, 2010

I trained my “hope” to be solid!

1 Timothy 4: 8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. 9 This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance. 10 That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

============

“One more rep” my spotter hollered as my exhausted arms could take no more. It was only a few weeks before the bodybuilding competition and each muscle had to be right. I looked down at my calves and thought “I wonder how implants would look?”
  • Exercise is great for the body.
  • There is benefit to working out and eating right.
  • The more I exercise the better I sleep which only helps my day.
Diet and exercise season is right around the corner. After the overindulgent holidays are over we quickly try to work off the pounds to “look good” for the summer. This has some benefit so how can I apply the principles of working out to godliness?
  • Training for godliness takes a little work.
  • Training for godliness means reading and pondering the truths of CHRIST.
  • Training for godliness means praying confessional prayers to our LORD and savior.
  • Training for godliness means serving others in spite of my troubles.
  • Training for godliness means believing GOD loves me and died just for me.
  • Training for godliness gives me hope.
During my training, GOD will use trials and trouble to make me stronger. Each trial is like another rep and each troubled night is like a diet. Over the years, I have noticed a certain closeness with GOD during trials and trouble.

I have also noticed each time I emerge out of a trial or trouble, I am so much stronger in faith than when I went in. HE shows me that HE is in control and the more I believe in HIM “during” trials the stronger my faith will grow.
  • Are you tired of your faith fading in and out?
  • Do you want true faith that can stare in the face of adversity?
  • Can you begin training your “hope” while exercising your body this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment