Friday, December 3, 2010

Hold on! Hold on.

2 Thessalonians 2: 15 So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

 16 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

============

“Is it Christmas yet?” I would ask throughout the night bugging my tired parents. “Are we there yet?” I would ask my weary parents on long trips. “When are my test scores going to get here?” I would rhetorically ask my parents who had no answer.

“Why is that person driving so slow?” I would ask myself as I tore into oncoming traffic trying to pass them. Wow, life moves too slow so I better take matters into my own hands.
  • When I’m impatient I set an expectation of GOD that may not be HIS will.
  • When I’m impatient I may hear GOD’s word but throw it out when things don’t move fast enough.
  • When I’m impatient I can’t see or hear what GOD is doing in my life because I’m to busy executing my plan.
Many times in my life I really “wanted” something and it seemed like it took so long to get it so I would pout. Eventually when I got whatever I was waiting for, it seemed anticlimactic and I wasn’t very thankful to GOD. Sometimes I wouldn’t get what I wanted so I would throw out GOD’s ways and come up with my own.
  • GOD wants me to “hold fast” to HIS ways.
  • HE wants me to be patient with HIS plan and accept HIS time.
  • GOD wants me never to forget that HIS SON took care of “all” of life’s problems.
  • HE wants me to know and accept HIS love the way HE wants to show it.
Admittedly I am impatient and I try to “fix” relationships, people and situations, BUT GOD tells me to “hold fast” to HIS teachings instead of coming up with my plan. HE saved me from eternal death and HE certainly can fix whatever I’m going through if I just let HIM do it in HIS time, HIS way.
  • Have you been waiting on something for a very long time?
  • Can you still see GOD working in your life?
  • Can you hold on to the teaching about GOD and HIS love?
  • Can you see HE is trying to encourage you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment