Wednesday, December 8, 2010

If GOD likes me, HE definitely will like you!

1 Timothy 1:  15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

============

Have I murdered anyone? No. Have I stolen billions from people? No. Have I tried drugs, committed arson, raped and pillaged? No. So I’m pretty good compared to other people right? NO!

I had to ponder my approach to life and I quickly came to the conclusion that I am a sinner. I have lied, cheated and stole in my life just as you have. Whether it was a mistake or on purpose, I have sinned. So why should I say this?

  • GOD cannot use me for HIS work when I am self righteous.
  • GOD despises my action when I judge others without using HIS grace.
  • GOD does not accept my piety or “churchy” behavior.

True compassion is shown by admitting to others that I have faults and I still sin, BUT GOD who is perfect died for me and removed my guilt and shame. HE wants me to keep striving for HIS perfection yet showing others that HE accepts an imperfect person like me.

  • JESUS loved me so much that HE died for me in the middle of my sins.
  • HE knows that I have fallen short of HIS glory like everyone else.
  • JESUS being the only perfect human and perfect GOD rescued me from eternal separation from HIM.

It’s real easy to point at someone else and say “they” are not living like GOD wants HIM to, but what about my behavior? Does GOD like everything I’m doing? Not at all… In fact HE wants me to get the “log” out of my eye so I can get the speck out of someone else’s eye.

Admitting I am a sinner is the road to recovery. LORD I’m a sinner, thank you for saving me!

  • Do you think you are “good?”
  • Have you committed a sin in your life?
  • Do you believe that all humans are born sinners?
  • Can you believe that JESUS died for the sins of all humans (even yours?)
  • Can you tell someone today about your sins?

No comments:

Post a Comment