Monday, December 27, 2010

Make a decision, follow GOD or follow you!

2 Timothy 3: 14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

============

Our meeting was finished and some of the men huddled over in the corner discussing where they would go for the night’s festivities. “Come on and go with us to the strip club” they said. “Nah” I replied. Then they asked the question that is always so profound… “Who will know you are doing this?”
  • When I rely on my own thinking I follow my lusts instead of following GOD.
  • When I rely on my own thinking I follow the crowd to get my way.
  • When I rely on my own thinking I follow my plan and never once ask GOD “what do YOU want?”
There comes a time in every person’s life where they will have to decide to follow GOD or follow themselves. This was one of those moments and I had to decide whether I was going to hide something in my marriage for my own pleasure or follow GOD. I decided to follow GOD this time but unfortunately there are many other times in my life I have chosen sin instead of GOD.

The scriptures have been given to me as a guide to follow through this murky thing called life. With most people following their sin nature instead of GOD, it gets difficult for me to sometimes make the right decision, especially when the crowd is going one way and GOD says go the other.
  • GOD wants me to read and follow HIS Bible to teach people the right direction.
  • GOD wants me to read and follow HIS Bible to rebuke those who can listen to me in order to change their ways.
  • GOD wants me to read and follow HIS Bible to correct who are about to choose a different path that is opposite of GOD.
  • GOD wants me to read and follow HIS Bible to train people in righteousness to equip others and myself to do good works.

GOD’s bible is “breathed” or inspired by HIM so it cannot be wrong. Instead of following the crowd, I choose to follow GOD.

  • Are you following your plan without consulting with GOD?
  • Is your plan better than GOD’s plan for you?
  • Do you come crawling back to GOD when your plans go wrong over and over again?
  • Can you proactively follow GOD instead of following you today?  

No comments:

Post a Comment