Thursday, December 30, 2010

What does a Godly person “look” like?

Titus 1: 7 Since an overseer manages God’s household, he must be blameless—not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. 8 Rather, he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. 9 He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.

============

When she came down the stairs I said “wow” to myself. “This woman is fine!” We were just friends but I noticed her a little more this time. Pretty on the outside is one thing but is she pretty on the “inside?” I guess the conversations had paid off and this “friend” could very well be “the one” I said to myself but are my “insides” good enough for her?
  • I can be ugly when I am “always” seeking to get “my” way.
  • I can be ugly when I snap and get angry at the tiniest tiff.
  • I can be ugly when my drunkenness clouds my better judgment.
  • I can be ugly when I want to resolve arguments with fist fights.
  • I can be ugly when I seek to scheme my way into money.
This list shows what a very “ugly” person looks like to GOD. When I act like this, it’s a wonder that HE even listens to my prayers at all. There is an old saying… “GOD don’t like “ugly” and it’s true.
  • GOD wants me to be “hospitable” and open my home to many people.
  • GOD wants me to love “HIS ways” which are the only example of good.
  • GOD wants me to have “self-control” so that temptation cannot easily throw me off my game.
  • GOD wants me to be “upright” so others can follow my example.
  • GOD wants me to be “holy” so HE died for me and declared me holy.
  • GOD wants me to be “disciplined” enough to read HIS Bible regularly and speak the truth always.
  • GOD wants me to “learn the Bible” from humble people and teach soundly not from my thinking.
My insides are very important to GOD because that’s what HE uses to draw people to HIM. I can spend a lot of time working on the outside to remain attractive, but if my insides are ugly then what good am I? I am GOD’s property so I should act like it.

There is nothing wrong with physical beauty BUT GOD wants me to shine inner beauty first to attract people to HIM rather than ogling over me.
  • Are you attractive to GOD?
  • Does your personality and behaviors attract people to “you” or GOD?
  • Can you search your heart today to see what “ugliness” you can get rid of?

No comments:

Post a Comment