“Tipping” was slang for “Tip-Toeing” or quietly exiting a place that you didn’t want the population to know “where” you were and more importantly “who” you were with. Fortunately for me I wasn’t very good at it.
My car was extremely noticeable with its missing grill, torn up hood and mustard yellow color it was a distinct give away to my local. The next day people would come up to me and ask “who were you “tipping” with? I saw your car.”
- I can fool some of the people all of the time but I can never fool GOD.
- I can try to hide what I am doing but GOD will broadcast it to everyone one day.
- I can attempt to take secrets to the grave but GOD will awkwardly bring them out “now” before I had a chance to explain them to my loved ones.
Secrets tend to hold me back from fully proclaiming GOD’s great news. I think to myself, “my reputation is at stake, what will they think of me if they?” BUT GOD says something different.
- GOD wants me to tell the liar I have lied and I am forgiven by JESUS.
- GOD wants me to tell the lust filled husband I have been filled with lust too and I am forgiven by JESUS.
- GOD wants me to tell the blamer I have blamed others trying to make myself look good and I am forgiven by JESUS.
By confession my sins no longer have power over me. Yes some sins make my words ineffective, BUT GOD can use them to bring sinners like me back to HIM. HE wants me to proclaim forgiveness is just a confession away and my eternal life is solidified because of CHRIST.
- Do you have a secret?
- Are you attempting to take that secret to the grave?
- Do you realize your secret is making your relationship weaker not stronger?
- Won’t you come clean and confess so GOD can use your life?