Friday, July 8, 2011

Satisfying the crowd is easier but deadly.

Mark 15: 15 Wanting to satisfy the crowd, Pilate released Barabbas to them. He had Jesus flogged, and handed him over to be crucified.

============

Comedy was something I have always loved perhaps because it was my way of escaping pain. I wasn’t a good comedian, but I had a strange sense of humor that I never turned off. I constantly had an audience and I felt I would disappoint them if I didn’t say something that would make them laugh.

The elite group on campus approached me one day. “Wow” I thought to myself, “I finally fit in.” They said “We would like to make you one of our notables namely Campus Clown.” I guess satisfying the crowd didn’t gain me anything.

  • Sometimes it’s easy to go along with the crowd, but if they are wrong it can be deadly.
  • Sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in everyone else’s complaints, BUT GOD despises my complaints.
  • Sometimes it’s easy to join in on sinful behavior because everybody is doing it, BUT GOD wants me to be different and stand firm.

Pilate was a great politician who had the power to release JESUS but chose to go with the crowd to save his reputation. Unfortunately he will remember his poor choice forever. This example lets me know I need to watch which crowd I am going with.

  • GOD wants me to stand out instead of fitting in.
  • GOD wants me to stand firm instead of choosing sin.
  • GOD wants me to stand up instead of sitting in.

I sin on a daily basis. I am no better than Pilate, but I have chosen to believe JESUS died specifically for me and now I can choose to stay out of the crowd and depend on HIM.

  • Are you trying to fit in?
  • What part of your soul are you giving up every day?
  • Can you depend on GOD more and accept your differences?

No comments:

Post a Comment