Monday, July 11, 2011

What is my purpose?


Mark 16:  15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

============

With financial crisis looming, I sat this morning drinking coffee.  I watched the news and felt enraged, scared and disappointed all in the same moment. Why did I feel like this? What drove this inflammation?

  • When I take my eyes off of my purpose I focus on the wrong things.
  • When I take my eyes off of my purpose I can see nothing more than problems.
  • When I take my eyes off of my purpose I do not act like a leader rather I am washed away with the tide of today’s problems.

But what is my purpose?  You mean the only purpose for me is to focus on heaven? I have bills to pay, my mental batteries need to be recharged and I have weight to lose. What does preaching the Gospel have anything to do with these things?

  • Preaching the Gospel actually helps me remain calm in this world of pressure.
  • Preaching the Gospel helps those who are stressed around me understand there “is” hope.
  • Preaching the Gospel shows others that I submit my will to the most HIGH GOD and it’s alright if they do the same.

After reading this message I was able to remember that my purpose isn’t to sit her and worry about today rather “go” out and tell as many as I can that JESUS rescued me from myself.

  • Are you worried about something?
  • If and when you make it to age eighty will you look back and say I wish I had spent more time worrying about money?
  • How do you spend your time?
  • Why has GOD left you here and what are HIS expectations of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment