Friday, July 15, 2011

I think I’m getting stupider!

Luke 2: 52 And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.

============

The older I get the dumber I think I am. I’m not talking about in men’s eyes, I’m talking about as it relates to GOD. I have followed GOD for a long time and you would think I would be perfect by now. Well, it’s quite the opposite.

  • The older I get the more sins I commit.
  • The older I get the more grace I need.
  • The older I get the more I set GOD up for failure in my eyes.

Fortunately for me GOD forgives me daily. HE knows my weaknesses and looks beyond them because I am something special to HIM.  HE places obstacles in my way to make me stronger in the faith and HE never ever leaves me alone.

  • Only GOD can help me grow in wisdom.
  • Only GOD can help me grow my faith.
  • Only GOD can help me grow favor with HIM and man.

When I focus on my situations and problems I act “stupider and stupider” doubting HIM and worrying about my situations. But when I focus on GOD and HIS mighty power that raises me up from the dust then I am growing in wisdom, faith and favor.

  • Do you think you “know it all?”
  • Are you deliberately seeking GOD’s wisdom?
  • Will you drop “your will” and seek GOD’s will today?

No comments:

Post a Comment