Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wisdom says don’t wait for things to be perfect!

Luke 7: 33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, ‘He has a demon.’ 34 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ 35 But wisdom is proved right by all her children.”
============

Procrastination with GOD has been a problem of mine for a while. I think to myself “when the conditions are right then I will serve HIM.” Well, the conditions never seem right so I wind up going through a trial feeling miserable and at the same time not bearing any fruit.

  • It takes practice to give so give when I am poor.
  • It takes practice to love my enemies so love those who are upset and mad at me.
  • It takes practice to serve GOD’s humans so serve even when I don’t have time to serve.

Life has many distractions. Jobs, lack of jobs, broken relationships, school, kids, and parents all bring their share of trials. It seems like there is no time to bow our knees to GOD and ask HIM, “what do YOU want LORD?” In fact it seems like the conditions to serve GOD are never there, or are they?

GOD loves when I serve others when I don’t feel like it and give to the needy especially when I am in need. HE loves when I love those whose love isn’t there and HE especially loves when I persevere in HIS ways in spite of my sins.

The Pharisees judged JESUS and never recognized HIM as being GOD. They complained about HIM because in their mind they had another “perfect” condition in mind. JESUS was their opportunity for perfection yet they passed thinking there would be a better time and a better person. Little did they know that “now is the time to act the way GOD wanted them to act.”

  • Are you upset at “that” person?
  • Are you waiting for conditions to be better in order to serve GOD?
  • Can you act with love today the way GOD wants you to act or is your heart to hard?
  • Will you give up your “stubborn will” today and yield to GOD’s ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment