Friday, December 23, 2011

Is GOD amazing to you?

Acts:2: 5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. 6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. 7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language?

============

Sitting in a church in Mexico I heard a familiar sound, it was JESUS CHRIST. The same happened again in Zimbabwe and again in Shanghai. All around the world in their native tongue, JESUS’ name is being exclaimed!
  • Sometimes my mind is narrow and I think GOD is only concerned about my country.
  • Sometimes my mind is narrow and I don’t believe GOD is bigger than my local situation.
  • Sometimes my mind is narrow and I can’t conceive that GOD can speak to people in other countries.
When I went on a mission’s trip for the first time, I thought I was going to “teach” other people about CHRIST, when in reality I found out that GOD is much bigger than I thought. People were already exclaiming HIS name and their praise put me to shame. As I pouted for more trinkets at home, people who had nothing praised GOD for hours on end.

GOD is truly amazing. HE is the master of the incredible and the beholder of the unlimited. HE is infinitely tiny as HE is infinitely large. I sometimes waste my time trying to figure out how GOD was always in existence. Then my head explodes! I can only be amazed at how powerful GOD truly is.

HE can speak in any language and can reach a person in a war torn country. HE is so amazing HE can use a sinner like me.
  • Is GOD amazing to you?
  • Can HE speak through people and everyone hear the message in their own language?
  • Are there parts of the Bible that you simply don’t believe because ‘you’ have not seen it?
  • Won’t you turn your doubt into amazement and begin giving GOD more credit for HIS power?

No comments:

Post a Comment